There is a large variety of piano bench cushions on the market. If you don’t know what to consider, choosing the perfect one can be quite challenging when shopping for a piano bench pad. The right piano bench cushion helps to support you, while piano playing. It shouldn’t move on a piano stool and should be soft enough, so a pianist doesn’t get tired.
We have selected the top piano bench cushions with all the necessary features you will appreciate. The best piano bench cushion is the Loveboat Washable Bench Cushion. It has durable and machine-washable cover material, a non-slip gripper bottom, and nice thickness foam. Let’s look at the review of the best bench cushions and discuss the things that you should look for when picking a piano cushion.
- 1 Instructions on how to choose the best piano bench cushion
- 2 The Top list of the best piano bench cushions
- 3 1. Loveboat Washable Bench Cushion
- 4 2. JAMPAYANG Bench Cushion
- 5 3. Millsilo Custom Size Bench Cushion
- 6 4. MICUSHION Piano Bench Cushion
- 7 5. Faux Leather Piano Bench Cushion
- 8 6. Baibu Piano Bench Cushion
- 9 FAQ
Instructions on how to choose the best piano bench cushion
What should you be looking for in the first place, when going to the store to pick up the bench cushion?
- Measure the size of your benchIt is important to get the correct size of the cushion, so it fits your bench perfectly and doesn’t hang off. That is why before you head out to the store, you take down all the dimensions. Shopping, knowing the correct width and length will be way easier. If you have a unique size, some sellers might customize the sizing of the cushion for you.
- Test it for comfortYou should try to sit on the cushion before purchasing it. The foam insert shouldn’t be too thin or too thick. It should provide comfort and support for your lower back. 75 mm is the average thickness of the piano cushions. Anything thinner than that will be uncomfortable. If your height is above average, you should consider getting a 100 mm thick bench pad.
- Non-slipping bottomIf you want to feel comfortable on your bench cushion, you should look into the way it attaches to the bench. Usually, it will have at least two ties, some cushions will have 4. It can be ties or Velcro straps. The non-slipping bottom is also important. It secures the cushion in place.
- How easy is it to maintain? Look at the material used for the cover. It should have a waterproof feature. This will allow you to protect the foam insert and the foam will last longer. The zip should be of good quality. The cover must be allowed to be washed in the washing machine. Then it will be easy and fast to take care of the cushion.
- StyleChoose the cushion that will fit your decor, so everything looks harmonic. Some sellers can even offer a customized pattern to make the cushion unique.
The Top list of the best piano bench cushions
We have considered the main points highlighted above and picked the piano bench cushions that have the best features and an affordable price. Let’s take a look at them.
1. Loveboat Washable Bench Cushion
- The fabric is machine washable
- High-density foam insert
- Non-slipping design
This piano bench cushion is the perfect kind of cushion. It is quite comfortable as the foam inside doesn’t go flat over time. It provides excellent support for a pianist, making it easier to play the piano for long hours. The material of the piano bench pad is made out of durable fabric. It can be washed in a washing machine using mild detergent.
The color options are available, so you can choose the one to suit your room decor. The piano bench cushion has a non-slipping bottom part. It won’t move while you are sitting on it. The cushion secures with four ties you attach to the bench’s legs. You can choose the size that will fit the dimensions of your standard piano bench.
2. JAMPAYANG Bench Cushion
- Great selection of colors
- Nice flannel fabric of the cushion cover
- Non-slipping material underneath
This piano bench cushion is a perfect fit for any room design because you can pick the color to suit your decor. The selection of colors is quite impressive. If your piano bench features a certain length, either 36 or 45 inches, this piano bench cushion will fit just fine. The soft flannel fabric material and tufted design bring maximum comfort. It is incredibly easy to attach to the piano bench, you just place it right on top of it.
The material underneath the piano bench cushion is non-slippery, which keeps the cushion in place. The cushion can be washed in the washing machine using mild detergent and cool water. Washing will actually make it more puffy if it gets a bit flat over time.
3. Millsilo Custom Size Bench Cushion
- The cushion size can be customized
- A waterproof fabric cover
- A high-density sponge inside
The Millsilo piano bench cushion is unique. You can select the size needed for your piano bench or outdoor furniture. You can also select the attached ties or request the cushion to be without any. It will stay in place due to the non-slipping materials underneath the cushion. The top cover is nice and smooth. It feels super comfortable sitting on it.
The support the cushion provides is exceptional. You will be able to sit on it for a long time and won’t even need a rest. The foam has a high-density structure. Its quality and durability will ensure a long-lasting lifespan. Waterproofing and sunproofing features will ensure the cushion will keep its original appearance no matter what.
4. MICUSHION Piano Bench Cushion
- A washable cover
- High resilience foam
- Linen fabric
This cushion is perfect for indoor use as a pad for the bench. The fabric linen offers great moisture absorption, providing a lot more comfort to pianists than many other models of cushions. The non-slip bottom of the cushion makes sure it stays in place, preventing sliding. There are also a couple of ties at the back that will help with that.
The unique foam keeps its original shape even after hours of use. It supports well, while you are playing the instrument. If you are in search of a classic-looking cushion with great features and exceptional comfort, this one is just what you need. The cover is easily removable and can be washed in a washing machine, making it easier to take care of the cushion.
5. Faux Leather Piano Bench Cushion
- PU leather cover
- Superior zipper
- High-resilience foam
The cushion is perfect for the bench for pianos and any type of outdoor furniture. The leather cover will complement any type of style in your home. It can be cleaned easily. Just wipe with a wet cloth. It is water-resistant and can withstand water spillage. The cushion can be attached with ties located at the back. It will ensure it won’t move while you are playing the piano.
The foam provides excellent support to those, who spend hours on the furniture seat. You can choose the cushions according to the dimensions required. If you need customized length and width, this also can be arranged by contacting the seller. If you want to change the cover for some reason, you just unzip it and take it off easily. It will take you a few seconds.
6. Baibu Piano Bench Cushion
- Wear-resistant, durable material
- Anti-slip bottom part
- Velcro straps
The cushion is an exceptional choice for any outdoor furniture, show table, or a bench for a piano. The dimensions of length and width are standard and will fit most benches. Different color styles stand out as you can pick the one that will be more suitable for your decor. The one thing that makes this cushion different from other ones is the Velcro straps. They are easier to deal with than the ties.
If you want to wash the cover, open the zip and remove it. You can wash the cover by hand or chuck it into a washing machine. As it is a standard size, it won’t be suitable for the long benches that can accommodate two people. This cushion is perfect if you are the only one hitting the piano keys.
How thick should a piano bench cushion be?
For you to feel comfy, the right cushion should be at least 75 mm thick. If the person is tall, he might require a thicker piano pad starting from 100 mm.
Should piano bench be padded?
The piano benches should be padded as they provide additional support for the pianists. You must choose the right size based on the bench dimensions. The cushion will be secured by ties or Velcro straps. It also usually has a non-slip material underneath, preventing the cushion from sliding.
What is the best material for a bench cushion?
A cushion is supposed to provide comfort for pianists. Hence, the soft material will feel more comfortable. It should also be of good quality and have increased durability. Pick the cushions that can be washed in a washing machine. The waterproofed fabric is the best choice.
What is the best height for a piano bench?
You can adjust any piano bench and its stand to suit your height. Typically, you go by the angle of your forearm. It should be parallel to the floor when you sit on the piano chair. The average height of the piano bench is around 18–22 inches, but it can be adjusted to make it more comfy for you.
You can find out more about the correct height of a piano bench in our article – How Tall is a Piano Bench?
In this article, you have found out what is the best piano bench cushion on the market at the moment. The Loveboat Washable Bench Cushion provides the most comfort for pianists. It is easy to attach to the piano benches, and it won’t move due to a specifically designed non-slippery material underneath the cushion. It comes in different sizes and will fit the standard piano bench.
Not only that but it can also be used as a cushion for outdoor patio furniture. A removable wash cover with a zipper makes it easy to clean – just chuck it into a washing machine. If this information has helped you to decide, which piano bench cushion you want to purchase, share this information with your friends. If you still have questions left, contact us in the comment section below.
Hello! My name is Lucy.
I am a musician, pianist, and piano teacher with over 10 years of experience. I, along with my professional team, created this website. Here I want to share my experience and knowledge with you. I write articles about learning the piano, its features and history, and reviews of the best digital pianos and accessories.
I hope my site will be useful to you!